Wednesday, August 09, 2006

MIA

Well, I guess you can say I have been MIA (missing in action). I have been busy with a lot lately and that is why I have not posted in a couple of weeks. I am currently getting ready for my big trip overseas (Spain, Portugal and of course Padova, Italy). I will be touring Spain/Portugal for 17 days and then I will stay 8 days in Padova with Chicco. I am excited about my trip to Spain/Portugal but I am more exicted to see Chicco. I have not seen him since July 7, so I am very much looking forward to seeing him. He has been doing searches for me in Italy for teaching jobs and hair salons. We have decided to attempt to apply for a long term visa prior to me moving to Italy. We will start the process 3 months prior to my departure. I have been reading a lot of expat websites and from that, have been getting a lot of information. I have also decided to take Italian lessons in the fall. We made that decision as it would help me when I move to Italy next year. I will not learn the language a lot but I will learn enough to help me conversate with the Italian people. Time flys when you are having fun:)

5 comments:

Cynthia Rae said...

Wishing you the very best on your journey. It is exciting, fun, happy, and little scary all rolled into one (I know, I did it too).

Great idea on the language classes. It will really give you the heads up!

Cyn

Anonymous said...

Hi Roxy! Saw you on the 'expats in italy' forum page, looks like your working up to the adventure of your life, enjoy!

I live not far from Padova in a small town called Camisano. Tho I could be your granma, if you ever need any info you can get me thru expats profile page.

I do have access to the A.Army base in Vicenza and I see that there is a need for someone who does black hair, but you would have to be close to the base...have you thought about opening your own place after getting your Italian legalities squared away?

So welcome to our world!

Ginger

Anonymous said...

Roxy,
Hi it's Wendy. I think I deleted your email address. Remember you wrote to me? Well, I do have several ladies who will be glad to help you with your hair needs. Also, if you are looking for a teaching position, try http://www.eisp01.com/contacts.html
Wendy
PS You do need to learn Italian to live around Padova because English is not widely spoke in this area.

Ms. FoxyRoxy said...

Ginger, though you could be my mother (lol) i would love to connect with you once i am there. I visited Padova and I had the time of my life. I also went to Vicenza and found a salon that I think would be able to do my hair but all the woman in the black woman in the salon did not speak English, they only spoke Italian...oh well, next time.

Opening my hair salon is not something I thought of. I guess if it becomes difficult for me, that might be a good idea..thanks

Ms. FoxyRoxy said...

Wendy, I have your email so I will contact you. thank you for the link.....

foxy