Friday, July 21, 2006

hair salon

well, of all the things I am worried about for my move to Italy, finding a hair salon is VERY worrying for me. I know hair salons are easy to find in Italy and it's regions but finding a hair salon that is able to do black hair, will be TRICKY. I have searched the internet for hair salons who specialize in black hair but nothing has surfaced.....:( Enry, is trying to find some information for me but it looks like I might have to go to Firenze each time I need to do my hair (btw; i currently do my hair 1x every 2 weeks). I am sure Enry will not like driving me to Firenze (2 hour drive each way) and wait for me to do my hair. So I have to find something in the local area of Padova. Believe this, I am more worried about finding a good hair salon than I am about receiving my work papers.....oh lord!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there!

I am sure that it will be more like 3 1/2 hours each way to Firenze with the traffic! Yup - hairdressers galore here in Italia. I tried one here in Brescia....on the outside looked pretty trendy but 3 hours later a VERY UPSET and 130 euro lighter Louie left the salon...sorry don't want to scare you as i'm sure they're not all like that!! I end up going home (Scotland) to get mine sorted every two months but I know that this won't be an option for you. I suggest getting them to wash and blowdry / braid whatever (no cut) and observe how they are doing other clients hair before you make the jump....after all hair is VERY IMPORTANT to a gal!!

Anonymous said...

lol lol lol good luck! let me know if you find anything. As a black female I wondered about the same thing. There are various peoples of African decent living in Italy. Make pleney of friends!

:)