Monday, July 24, 2006

Italian Consulate Part II

Well, today I decided to make another trip to the Italian consulate in Toronto. I did not wait long to speak to someone and the guy was very friendly. He gave me a list of things I would have to do prior to moving to Italy. From what I have read on line, it seems like I can start the process before I leave, or I can begin the process when I arrive in Italy. If I start the process in Toronto, they require a lot of information that I might not have at the present time. The Canadian Government seems to want a lot of information as well, I guess for tax purposes. I dunno why? I have a few months to decide which process I want to take. I will discuss w/ Chicco to decide which option is the best for the both of us.


Ciao

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A good site is www.expatsinitaly.com

They will be able to help you with any Qs you may have - there are tons of Americans (and some Canadians i think) that log on and they are really helpful