Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The night before Christmas...Dinner for 30

Every year the family meets the night before Christmas to play "catch up".
I have been to many family dinners here in Italy and thought then there was a lot of food prepared so I therefore of expected the same for the Christmas Eve dinner, how wrong was I? My BF repeated to me throughout the day that there would be a lot of food but I didn't believe there would be anymore than our usual family dinners. The menu included (what I could remember); piselli, patate al forno, verdura cotta, zuppa di funghi, pasta con ragù di lepre, polenta, anatra, costicine di maiale, pollo, zuppa inglese, panettone, pandoro, parampampoli (caffè con grappa, vino e spezie). From start to finish the dinner took about 5 hours and boy was I happy it was over. My poor belly after was about to explode but they say here once you drink parampampoli the digestion process is simpler.
Felice Anno Nuovo as I am off to Corvara to skii....here a few pics, enjoy!
Before the storm....lol












My first taste of parampampoli













The taste was really BAD....eeewwwww!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have a Happy New Year, Ms. Roxy! May your 2008 be even brighter than 2007.

Ms. Atlanta (aka Naomi) ;-)