Sunday, January 13, 2008

Corvara 2007

Happy New Year to all of you. Hope this year brings many joys and health to your life. Our winter holiday was spent in Corvara which is in the North of Italy. I love the winter season and more so enjoy the sight of the snow falling. I have always wanted to spend the winter holidays skiing but never had that opportunity in Toronto.
The drive to Corvara was about 2.5hrs which seemed shorter due to the BFs driving. We stayed at a lovely garni which cost 30 euros per night. The room was cozy, warm and comfortable as many of the rooms are in Corvara. The residents of Corvara were nice but seemed to prefer the German people more than the Italian people. I sometimes thought I was in Germany as all the Italians spoke German when they were speaking amongst themselves. I was told later that they do prefer German people as they prefer to be German, interesting eh? Anyway, here are some pics.

View from our room at night














New Year's dinner (maccaroni con salmone e crema mascarpone....buonissimo)













The BF paragliding....it was cold!













12:01am (Happy New Year)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, the photos that you took are great. I will have to make sure that I visit this place one day. Did you not paraglide as well?

Ms. ATL

Ms. FoxyRoxy said...

are you kidding me Ms. ATL? The BF is crazy, not me....lol.
It really is a lovely place and definately a must visit.
How is the planning coming along?

Roam2Rome said...

Happy New Year!

Such a lovely, lovely place...and here I am at home, darn.

Oh, no paragliding? Hehe... I don't blame you! I wouldn't either.

Mattisulweb said...

Compliments for your blog ;-)
beautiful!

Greetings from Italy

Franz
www.mattisulweb.altervista.org

Anonymous said...

Hi there

Just been reading some of your blog. You sound like you're on an adventure. I know totally what you mean about the hair thing. I have a nigerian girl in Florence who does mine every so often but it doesn't look as good as it did when I was back in London.

Anonymous said...

Yes, you're probably right about the paragliding. I did this once in Acapulco and had a blast but it was over a large body of water. It appears that the type of paragliding that your BF was participating in was over a large area of hard ground. LOL

My planning is coming along slow and steady. Especially when it comes to raising enough cash to move. I keep trying to tell myself that saving is like a marathon and not a sprint but I sometimes wish that I was one of those rich trust fund babies who can spend and travel whenever they like, but alias that's not the case.

Guess what? You have inspired me. I am thinking about starting a blog as well so I will drop you an e-mail pretty soon, okay?

Take care,
Ms. ATL

Ms. FoxyRoxy said...

Dils, you know I might ask you for the name and address of the lady in Florence. Keep in touch.
M, thanks for your compliment. I compliment you on yours too.
roam2rome, one day just maybe one day.
anonymous, you have your first reader.