Sunday, July 22, 2007

The people you meet!

I met this older man today while I was out. I was sitting by my lonesome when he decided to sit next to me. I was out enjoying the sun and he was doing the same. Because I live at the waterfront in Toronto its easy walk out and sit by the lake (one of the ugliest in my opinion). Any he began to talk to me about the recent changes of the years to Toronto's waterfront and he knew a whole lot of history about the waterfront. I found out later that he had lived at the waterfront for 30+yrs. It was nice to speak to him because he was very knowledgeable and educated me about my neighbourhood. Oh I will miss it...sniff...sniff...

What else is new? Well I had my "goodbye Roxy" party. It was so much fun and I enjoyed every moment of it. Here are some pics!
They didn't know how to say "good trip" in Italian so said it in French, close enough...lol.
The other pic is of the host (one of my bestest friends at work) and the Admin. Secretary and Colombian homey I could not do my work with out...














I am in the process of selling some furniture and stuff...I have sold a few items so far but still have the big things to sell. My bed (which I love too much), dresser and my sofa. I have posted my items on http://www.craiglist.org/ as well as internal postings at work and in my condo. Hopefully the remainder of things will see at the listed price.

My BF arrives in 3 weeks and a bit. We are excited as we know that there will be no more good-byes. I am excited about not having to say good-bye for 3 months and do the damn count down each time. Gosh, I hate the countdown.

I am going at the kick boxing classes (http://www.tkmt.ca/) full swing because I paid for the month membership, which allows for unlimited monthly classes. So yesterday I deiced to Rollerblade for 3 hours and deiced today to go to kick boxing for 3 hours. Bad idea Dan! I body is sore from head to toe, literally. I am back at it tomorrow again but hopefully the pain will wear off. I hope I can continue kick boxing in Italy. Its an amazing workout and its a lot of fun.

Peace and hair grease!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Everything seems to be wrapping up nicely! I don't know u, but I'm sure happy for ya! That cake looks soo good!! I've never considered kickboxing but it sure does sound like quite a workout!

-nicole, nyc