Thursday, June 28, 2007

The pain & joy!

It's an emotional day for me as I handed in my resignation letter today. Acutally I did not end up giving my managers the letter as the whole ordeal was VERY emotional for all parties. I did tell them that I would be leaving but nothing can move forward until I had in the letter. Move forward I mean that HR cannot start the process until they receive a written letter. Here are the details of the meeting;
So I went into the meeting very nervous, heart beating a mile a minute, thinking that this would be easy and quick. Well the meeting lasted 35 minutes which I had expected it to only last 15minutes. I told my managers that I have decide to leave for personal reasons, I didn't feel like telling them the entire story. I don't think I got past the first word and I started to tear up. I think the reason for the teary eyes is that once I did this; quit my job, the move ahead would be official. From here forward the countdown begins, its not all talk anymore. I also teared up because I honestly can say that I love my job and most importantly I love the team that I work with we all get along so well. And of course the fact that I would be making hugh change in the next few months. After telling my managers I had to announce it to my team, which I thought would be the easier part because many of them knew what was coming. Well once again, I didn't even say a word and the tears started rolling down my face. I finally got it together and my colleagues, they were not surprised but realized that my move was the real deal.
As the day progressed it became a little easier to get my work done.
As soon as I was able to I called my BF to cry because I was sad and happy at the same time. He was so supportive and was successful at making me laugh, which helped a lot.
The joy comes from knowing that there will be many happy times when I am finally with my BF.

Oh and he went to the job interview today on my behalf and met with the family. He sorted out my work hours and my daily tasks and of course worked out the pay. He had a lot of good things to say about the family and the children as he was able to meet all while he was there. After discussing the nitty gritty, the woman asked if he had a picture of me. When he showed her my resume she saw that I was black. My BF asked her if that was okay and she said oh there is no problem, the kids have had an interaction with a black woman recently. Chicco did say she was surprised when she saw my picture. She also asked to speak with me on the phone, so I will update you all once I have that conversation with her. The family would like me to work 12:30-5:30 pm Monday to Friday. Those hours work for me and the salary worked out good as then family has money to spear, if you know what I mean.

See you later alligator

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats on getting the job! and you didn't even have to go to interview and negotiate! and working with children is also a nice way to practice your italian! glad everything is working out for you.

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

congrats on the job! good luck with your move.

Ms. FoxyRoxy said...

Thanks ladies!